Breakfast - CKD Recipes
2 Egg Omelete
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup filling (vegetables, meat, seafood)
1. Beat together eggs and water until blended.
2. In a 10-inch omelet pan or fry pan, heat butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
3. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set at edges right away. With an inverted pancake turner, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach the hot pan surface. Tilt pan and move as necessary.
4. Continue until egg is set and will not flow. Fill the omelet with 1/2 cup of vegetables, meat, or seafood filling, if desired. Put filling on left side if you’re right handed and the right side if you’re left handed.
5. With the pancake turner, fold omelet in half. Invert onto a plate with the omelet’s bottom side facing up.
Banana & Apple Smoothie
1/2 banana, peeled & cut into chunks
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons oat bran
1. Place banana, yogurt, applesauce, milk, and honey in blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Add oat bran and blend until thickened.
Lunch - CKD Recipes
Baked Brussels Sprouts
2 cups Brussels Sprouts (about one stalk)
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
2-4 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup fruit or herb flavored vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Clean off old leaves. Cut larger sprouts in half and leave smaller sprouts whole.
3. Toss sprouts with olive oil.
4. Put on lightly oiled baking sheet.
5. Roast about 10 minutes. Sprouts are done when tender to pierce with a fork.
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fruit vinegar and freshly grated Parmesean cheese
1 pound carrots
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
1/2 cup plain rice vinegar
2 teaspoons dill weed
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoons pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder or fresh garlic
1. Cut the carrots into small strips.
2. Steam in the microwave about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Cool the carrots by plunging them into ice water.
4. Mix all other ingredients.
5. Pour over carrots.
Dinner - CKD Recipes
3 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon lemon Juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place chicken in a baking dish.
3. In a bowl mix together other ingredients.
4. Brush both side of chicken with sauce.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Oven Roasted Vegetables
1 yukon gold potato
3/4 cup carrots
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup fruit vinegar
Limited parmesan cheese
1. Cut vegetables into equal sized pieces, either coin shaped or lengthwise.
2. In a 500 degree oven, heat oil in a flat metal pan for 2 minutes.
3. Add cubed potatoes, carrots, and onion, cook 10 minutes.
4. Stir, cook 5 more minutes, add yam and beets, cook 20 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, sprinkle with vinegar & grated parmesan and serve.
Desserts - CKD Recipes
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
2 cups blueberries, fresh or thawed frozen
2 (8 ounce) cartons lemon yogurt
10 gingersnaps, crumbled
1. In four bowls, wine glasses, or mason jars put 1/4 cup blueberries, followed by 1/4 cup yogurt, then crumbled gingersnaps.
2. Repeat to create 2 layers of each ingredient.
5 cups apples, peeled (Optional) and sliced
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Spray skillet with non stick coating.
2. Add apples.
3. Saute apple until soft.
4. Add cinnamon and vanilla.